Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Seeking Wisdom

A year ago a few of us ladies from church decided to read a book together and have a sort of book club about it.  We did this so that we could encourage each other in further seeking to grow as wives and learn how to better disciple our children's hearts.  Three books later the group has since grown to 9 ladies from our church learning to grow in joy in the place the Lord is calling us to rise up and embrace our calling first to our family and ministries in the church.  Some of us home school, some of us plan to, some of our kids go to public school, some of us stay home, some of us work part/full time.  The love of Jesus is what binds our hearts with the same desire to serve our husbands well and encourage our children to love the Lord their God above anything else.  Its a beautiful thing, women who God has drawn together from different places of the country(ies), from all different backgrounds, who are all true sisters in the faith and just want to seek God and glorify him in obedience allowing truth to reveal to us where we are at times falling short and being encouraged by one another and held accountable.  Applying Titus 2:3-5. This is friendship.

This month we are going to begin a book entitled A Woman's Wisdom by Lydia Brownback.  We usually meet the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month and we read one chapter per week and our husbands, very sweetly, are committed to be done with work and to keep schedules clear so that they can give us the evening off.  I would encourage if you are part of a church family and you desire to grow closer to some of the women there to seek them out and set a challenge like this for yourselves.  I have always loved to read novels so beginning to read these kinds of books was a bit difficult for me and it is wonderful to know that the other ladies are reading with me and also encouraging each other to apply what we are learning. 

I will be posting about the book that we are beginning here and what I'm learning through it, if any of you ladies want to go through the book with me I would be happy to set up a discussion chat also if there is any interest.  Comment below and let me know and please leave an e-mail where I can contact you to give you further info.  You would need to order the book or get the kindle version, just personal preference :) 

If you have read this blog at all then you know that for a long while now the Proverbs 31 woman has been on my heart as a challenge to grow and excel in the calling God has before me.  I desire wisdom and the bible says in James 5:1 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."  I'm trusting God's faithfulness that He will continue the work He started with redemption until the return of Jesus Christ in my life.  May it all rest at His feet and may He renew us daily to love our hubbies and babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment